Me, Myself, & My Muses

Thoughts, ideas, and curiosities of a Boston area creator of amusing and/or unusual objects.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Much to Say, Much to do, and so Little Time

Hello.

It appears that the last time I wrote anything in this blog was in November....Huh....I'll try to do better in the future.

What has been on my mind a lot lately is my relationship to the "art world" and the "art world"'s relationship with the wolrd at large.
I am tired of the media showing a select few angry, weird, or corrupt artists and painting these as the only picture of creative people. I won't say that I'm necessarily representitive of artists as a whole, but I know a lot of people who create for reasons similar to my own.
Firstly, my work is very personal. I don't expect anyone else to "get" it. I don't often want or need anyone else to see it. Making work is like an itch I must scratch. I am driven to create and so I do. This drive is very unlike that of many artists today who seem hell bent on alienating most everyone, except a select few which are expected to sing praises to their cleverness and damn those who say any different. The problem with this is, of course, that people who just want to make genuinely beautiful or interesting things, either for an audience or not, get clumped into the same group. Sigh.

So I ask myself "what can I do?". That remains to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home