Me, Myself, & My Muses

Thoughts, ideas, and curiosities of a Boston area creator of amusing and/or unusual objects.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

"You're Not Going Crazy, You're Going Sane in a Crazy World."

I was walking in the city yesterday and came to an intersection, and being Boston (meaning who knows what traffic laws cars and pedestrians will choose to go by today) I stopped to check for oncoming traffic. No sooner did I stop when this woman plows into my back with a "Oh, I'm Sorry". Which I would have been completely fine with, as I'm a reasonable person. Here's what makes me mad though, she then proceeds to say "We Had a WALK sign!" and trots away in her oh-so-fashionable cowprint high heels. I can't stand it when people have the need to blame me for their own carelessness. I wanted to scream after her, "we live in a society!" Are poeple so freaked out about accidental contact with another person in this city that they can't simply be a reasonable person?
Sigh...

1 Comments:

Blogger N/A said...

I concur most wholeheartedly. You need to cultivate a NTBFW (Not to be ... with) look. I've had mine down pat since college, and it never fails to clear a path.

The downside is that people will think you're mad all the time. But some days it's better to be feared than to be loved.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home