Me, Myself, & My Muses

Thoughts, ideas, and curiosities of a Boston area creator of amusing and/or unusual objects.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Monday, June 21, 2004

A Questioning Temperment

I find myself at the end of another day off from work. I spent a good part of the day sewing again. There must be some larger meaning to all this sewing I feel an urgent need to complete (something subconscious perhaps?). I keep meaning to work on pieces for my show, but well meaning as I am, it just doesn't seem like my priority. I'll have to get cracking soon, as August is not so very far away, but I'm a firm believer in not forcing the creative process.
My relationship with how and why I create feels like it is in the process of changing. I know that I am happiest when I'm just making things for no particular reason, perhaps to give away, and most especially when I'm making something for someone very near and dear to me(miss you).
While I don't know for sure how this change will manifest itself (new materials, new techniques, new ideas?) I know what would ultimately make me happy as a creative person......I'm picturing a place to work, a nice studio in a house somewhere not too noisy or crowded. It's a place where I can paint without the worry of accidently poisoning myself with toxic fumes(like I would in my current apartment). It has a place to put all my tools and a nice working surface (like the workbench my grandfather made my family when I was a kid), and ample natural as well as artificial light. I'd like to have a decent sized yard with grass I could walk barefoot in, a place to garden, make paths, sculpt the land; and dare I dream; build my own bizzare stuctures out a found materials. When it comes down to it I just want room to breathe and to make things on my own terms...that's my idea of heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home