Me, Myself, & My Muses

Thoughts, ideas, and curiosities of a Boston area creator of amusing and/or unusual objects.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

So Many Dresses, So Little Time

I spent a good deal of yesterday sewing a bridesmaid dress for my high school best friend's wedding. I think it came out rather well considering it's the fourth dress I have ever made.
Each time I try a different pattern for sewing clothes I learn something different. This time I learned that simplicity and accuracy are key. The top of the dress is a little more complicated than I thought it would be, but I think I can simplify it a bit with a few sewing tucks and some careful ironing. I have also learned to put ego aside and make the garment a bit larger than you need (I find pattern sizes vary wildly and it's always easier to take a garment in than it is to make it larger).
So now that this dress is finished (the wedding is in mid-July) I can concentrate on the work I need to make for my show in August...so little time...so much to do...an artist's work is never done...but truthfully, I enjoy every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home