Me, Myself, & My Muses

Thoughts, ideas, and curiosities of a Boston area creator of amusing and/or unusual objects.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Ice Cream & Jute

So far today I have successfully wrapped a foam rectangle in jute and wire. I also picked up some groceries, and as luck would have it, ice cream was on sale (about 60% off in fact). I figured I could treat myself as it is a vacation week and I've been working hard (its light ice cream anyway :-)

Next week I'm going to be a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding, and have to remember to finish hemming the dress I made by Friday. What with all the work I plan on doing for my show, I'm going to have to pin up a large note or something to make sure I remember. I've never been in a wedding before. I'm just the smallest bit nervous; at my core I am a shy person and I know that being part of the wedding party will require that a certain amount of attention will be paid to me. Really, it's not that big a problem. The fact that my friend has planned the event so carefully is what throws me off balance the most. I'm not a person who needs events in my life to be perfect. I've had too many unexpected things happen to expect my plans to work out exactly. I try to roll with what life gives me. Luckily, my friend and her husband (this is a second ceremony, the first was only for immediate family) are very nice people, and I may be reading the schedule thing all wrong. I'm not going to worry about it, after all I can only be me and do my best to help them celebrate something important.
For now, I have to get back to work. I'd like to have my first piece finished today (keep your fingers crossed for me)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home