Me, Myself, & My Muses

Thoughts, ideas, and curiosities of a Boston area creator of amusing and/or unusual objects.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Once I Get Myself Going There's No Telling Where It'll Lead

I'm really happy with how my first almost finished sculpture has turned out. Looking at it makes my mind twist this way and that, trying to make sense of it, and if I'm curious I hope other people will be also. I enjoy other people's reactions to my work, most especially when its from someone who is not firmly entrenched in the art scene. I like to hear the voices of people who haven't already made their minds up about what "art" is. I'd rather someone trust their gut reaction to something I've made than to try to compare it to all art history and judge it on someone else's criteria.
Now I crack the whip...back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home